Tuesday 11 March 2014

Coffee and Walnut Cake

For his birthday this year my brother asked for a coffee and walnut cake. I had a busy week last week with cakes so this was the most simple of them all. The aim was just to make a nice simple cake that tasted good. 

To make the coffee cake I used a standard sponge cake recipe and added in some coffee and chopped almonds. I then baked it and left to cool. 

I filled the cake in coffee butter icing and also coated the whole cake. I decided, since I had plenty of grated chocolate left, to put chocolate around the rim on the cake. I then used walnuts to decorate the top of the cake. 
Finished Coffee and Walnut Cake

I have no idea what this cake tasted like, as I don't like coffee or walnuts, but he said it was very good. I was pleased with the finished effect of the cake and thought it had a good appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment